Which Type Of Carpet Should You Choose?
Carpet is a type of flooring that is made from woven fiber, and comes in a variety of styles, patterns, and colors. Carpeting is one of the best flooring materials to use in basements. Besides making cold basements feel warmer and more welcoming, carpeting actually can dry out quickly.
- Some of the Good Qualities of a Carpet :
- Qualities that make a carpet best-suited for basements
- Low Pile
- Cut Pile
- Maintaining the padding
- Artificial materials
- Floor Moisture
Carpets are made by looping the fiber yarns through the backing material in a manner. Here are the common carpet fibers and pile options to consider.
- NYLON – is the most durable and stain-resistant carpet fiber
- POLYESTER – is ideal for rooms that see a normal amount of traffic
- ACRYLIC- is recommended for commercial use.
- WOOL – If appearance is important, make note that wool is favored for its beauty!
- LOOP PILE
- CUT PILE
- SAXONY CUT
- PLUSH PILE
- TEXTURED CUT
- FRIEZE CUT PILE
- SCULPTED PILE